Will I need to return my original certificate?

This will depend on the reason you are applying for a replacement certificate.

If you are applying for a name amendment/change or damage to original copy, then you have to return the original copy with the replacement request form.

This is not applicable to replacement certificates that have been requested in the event the original certificate was never received.