Last updated 05 June 2020
In light of the disruption being caused by the ongoing coronavirus situation, NET has the following advice for NET centres, training providers, employers and any candidates that may have an upcoming assessment booked.
Current Centre Status
After a period where all NET Centres closed, a number are starting to re-open and are implementing social distancing and hygiene measures in line with Government guidance.
Before attending an assessment, candidates should check with their centre to clarify any specific precautions or measures that may be in place for that particular venue.
The NET Centres currently open are:
- Birmingham Central
- Blackpool – from 29th June
- Bristol – from 15th June
- West Byfleet
All other centres are currently closed and will be added to this page once they re-open.
Readiness for Assessment Checklists
At this time it can be increasingly difficult to get wet signatures (where a person physically marks a document) on a checklist, from candidate and or employer.
If employer /candidate signatures cannot be obtained, NET, in line with ESFA Guidance, will accept the following, attached to the checklist, in lieu of a wet signature during the current Covid-19 restrictions:
- an email from the learner and/or employer’s email address with details of the confirmation and their typed name at the end of the message
- a typed name on an electronic form or document emailed from the learner and/or employer
- a signed scanned document attached to an email from the learner and/or employer
- photo taken on a camera/digital medium of the signed document attached to an email from the learner and/or employer
Latest Centre Bulletin
The latest notice for NET centres is available via this download.
NET day-to-day operations
NET staff will be working remotely during this period, however, the following support will still be available:
- Emails to NET Info and NET Support will continue to be reviewed and responded to
- The NET telephone line will continue to operate during normal working hours.
- The NET online booking management system for centres will be operating as normal.
- AM2 and End Point Assessment Certificates will be printed and issued once a week, providing the postal service continues to run as normal.
- For apprenticeship completion certificates under AM2S and FESS, NET will continue to make applications to the ESFA as per our current process, but this service may be affected by any ESFA action which is beyond our control.
Centre Closures and Assessment Booking
If a NET-licensed centre decides to close, they will notify NET as soon as possible.
If a Centre is forced to close and has warning of the closure, the Centre must contact all booked candidates / their training provider / their employer as applicable, informing them of the situation and that the assessment will be cancelled.
If there is no warning of closure and a NET Centre must be evacuated immediately, the centre will notify NET of the assessments to be suspended and NET will communicate with those affected.
Where a centre is unable to fulfil an assessment on the agreed date, a full refund should be offered if the candidate wishes to rebook the assessment at another centre. If the candidate wishes to retain the booking with the original centre, the centre should work with the candidate to identify the earliest possible opportunity.
Cancellations by Candidates
If a candidate needs to cancel an assessment due to self-isolation, NET centres are expected to waive cancellation charges and work with the candidate to rebook the assessment at an appropriate time.
This is a fast-developing situation which is likely to cause disruption for some time. NET will operate in compliance with guidance from IFATE, ESFA and Department for Education and is actively exploring options to maximise assessment capacity over the coming months.