» FAQs

Q: Who can I speak to if I have a query about my assessment or booking an assessment?
A: All assessment enquiries must be made directly to the centre of your choice from the list of approved NET centres.

Q: If the centre I contact has a waiting time for assessment availability, can I go to another centre?
A: Yes – candidates are free to book with any assessment centre. Please bear in mind that selecting an alternative centre located further away may incur additional travel or accommodation costs.

Q: How can I book an assessment re-sit?
A: You can re-sit your assessment at the centre where you sat it initially – or any other centre of your choice. Please contact the centre directly to arrange.

Q: Is there any preparation I can do prior to taking my assessment?
A: Unless otherwise specified, before registering for an assessment the Candidate Self-Assessment Checklist must be completed and signed by you as the candidate, your employer and your training provider (unless you are an independent candidate). 

AM2 candidates are advised to read and understand all information documents before booking an assessment. We also recommend that candidates are familiar with the IET On-Site Guide and BS7671 publications.

Q: Can I do a pre-assessment training course?
A: Many centres offer pre-assessment training or refresher courses. To enquire, contact your preferred centre directly.

Q: I have not received my results. Where can I enquire?
A: Please note that NET cannot provide candidate results over the phone. To enquire about assessment results, please contact your chosen assessment centre. Most issues surrounding the non-receipt of results arise as a result of incorrect email addresses and phone numbers being provided at the point of booking.

If your centre experiences technical problems during the assessment process, they must raise a query with NET’s IT support and will contact you with an update once the matter has been resolved.

Q: Can I request a copy of my results?
A: Candidates can request for a copy of the results link to be re-issued, in the event the original email was lost or deleted.

Q: I’ve received my results and wish to query the marks I’ve been given. How do I go about this?
A: Please contact your chosen assessment centre directly. If you are not satisfied with the assessment outcome and believe that you have grounds for an appeal, please see the appeals page.

Q: How much does an assessment or re-sit cost?
A: Please contact your assessment centre directly to enquire about their fees.

Q: Can I re-sit sections of AM2S at another assessment centre?
A: AM2S re-sits can only be taken at AM2S approved centres.

Q: How do I obtain a replacement or duplicate certificate?
A: To request a replacement certificate, please download our Replacement Certificate Form This must be completed and returned (including payment) to the address given on the form. We aim to process certificate requests within one week.

Please note all duplicate copies of certificates purchased will have ‘replacement certificate’ written on it. 

For more details on obtaining your first certificate or replacement certificate please see our Certificates page.

Q: I have changed my name by Deed Poll – what do I do? 
A: Candidates will have to submit additional documentation in the form of an original or officially certified copy of the Deed Poll, plus the other required evidence to support the replacement certificate application request.

Q: Can I complete sections I have not achieved with old AM2 under the current AM2?
A: Candidates who have sections incomplete under the old AM2 assessment (which dates prior to April 2010) cannot be sat under the current AM2 or AM2S. This is due to a new marking system, changes in assessment content and changes in regulations. The whole AM2 will need to be taken, candidates will not be able to ‘carry over’ the sections already achieved under the old AM2.

Q: I am an overseas individual with electrical qualifications how do I know if they are UK equivalent?
A: NET cannot verify, confirm or advise on overseas qualifications please visit UK NARIC at https://www.naric.org.uk/naric/ UK NARIC is the designated United Kingdom national agency for the recognition and comparison of international qualifications and skills. It performs this official function on behalf of the UK Government. They can also be contacted on 0871 330 7033.

Q: Can I be exempt from doing an AOC?
NET does not offer advice, guidance or information on individual circumstances relating to qualifications, exemptions or application criteria for ECS cards, please visit www.ecscard.org.uk



Assessment Guidance

Assessment Guidance

Before, during and after assessment

Before, during and after assessment

Supporting the industry

Supporting the industry