AM2 Gateway requirements from 01 September 2022
As the Assessment of Competence for the electrical industry, candidates are not permitted to sit the AM2 without evidence that they have the required foundation of experience, knowledge and performance qualifications.
From 01 September 2022, all AM2 applicants must submit evidence of one of the following:
- Current registration on the City & Guilds 2357 series (2357-13, -23, -44, -91), or certificate of unit credit (using Walled Garden evidence in PDF or Word format)
- Current registration on the EAL 501/1605/8 Electrotechnical or certificate of unit credit (from EAL Learner History in PDF or Word format)
- Current registration on the EAL 501/1604/6 Electrotechnical Maintenance, or certificate of unit credit (from EAL Learner History in PDF or Word format)
- City & Guilds 2356 Certificate (NVQ)
- City & Guilds 2355-03 Certificate (NVQ)
- EAL 100/4720/7 Certificate in Electrotechnical Services (NVQ)
- City & Guilds 2356-99 – JIB Mature Candidate Assessment route
- EAL ETS3 – JIB Mature Candidate Assessment route
- City & Guilds 2360 Part 1 and 2 awarded between 1st January 1994 and 1st September 1999
- Appropriate Level 3 Engineering NVQ/Tech certificate Electrical Maintenance or Installation Certificate.
If you have other qualifications that you feel are equivalent to the ones listed above (e.g. military qualifications) please contact us.
If your aim is to apply for an ECS gold card please also refer to the ECS website to ensure your qualifications will be accepted.