NET is not currently accepting any new assessment centre applications
If you’d like to become licensed to deliver NET assessments, take a look at the information below to understand more about how the process works, before you start an application.
From experience, the process from initial enquiry to the launch of a new centre is around six to eight months. As a guide, the cost to set up a typical assessment centre with 4 installation bays and 2 fault finding bays is between £40,000 – £50,000. This cost is an approximate guide and will depend on the variation of labour and material costs.
- 1 You’ll need to make an application on our website – the application form asks for details about your organisation, your proposed centre, drawings and information on your personnel resources.
- 2 Your application will be reviewed and various checks will be made. This could include a credit check.
- 3 You will be contacted within 21 working days with the results of your application. If all checks are satisfactory, an advisory visit is arranged within 1 calendar month to review your application and site. If checks are unsatisfactory, feedback is given on areas that need to be improved for a successful application.
- 4 On the satisfactory outcome of the advisory visit, a Non-Disclosure Agreement will need to be signed by all those who will be involved in the centre management, design and build (including any appointed contractors). You will be issued with technical drawings, materials lists and specifications.
- 5 You can now start to build your assessment area. A provisional completion date for initial audit will be agreed with NET and you will have to provide a weekly progress update. You will be added to the communications email group and your centre will be added to the NET system as non-active.
- 6 Centre assessors can now be trained following the NET Assessor Registration Policy. Assessors can be registered on the next available assessor training programme.
- 7 Once your assessment area is complete, an initial centre audit will be arranged and carried out by NET within 4 weeks of completion. This audit will be chargeable.
- 8 Following a successful approval visit, your centre will be licensed as a NET centre and the licence fee and initial audit charge is due. Assessor observation dates will also be booked during this visit. If unsuccessful, you will be required to complete actions identified by NET and a further chargeable visit may be required.
- 9 Upon payment of all fees and charges, you will be able to run assessments in line with NET policies and procedures. You will be subject to NET standard monitoring and quality assurance processes.
Start the Application Process
To make a new centre application, you’ll need to complete an online application form. You can complete the form in stages and submit to us once all sections have been completed. We save the form data you enter to your device’s browser (using a cookie), without you needing to log in. Therefore as long as you use the same device and don’t empty your browser cache (cookies), you can continue where you left off at any time.
Please note: if you use a different device to continue the application or clear your browser cache at any stage, you will lose any saved data.
You’ll need to refer to these documents if you are making an application.
For the Conflict of Interest declaration you have the option to complete and return this electronically by opening the file in a PDF reader once you have downloaded it. Please click into and complete the relevant fields, save the file and return to us as an email attachment.